Relax and see Ireland with Dove Chauffeur Drive
Executive chauffeurdriven vacations in Ireland with Dave Hogan and Dovechauffeurdrive
For your own especially designed Tour of the Republic of Ireland/West and South west

Friday, August 16, 2013

Irish chauffeurdriven vacations with own guide and driver.

A horse drawn buggy ride in Killarney.
I have been taking a break for a couple of weeks, as i have been extremely busy this year so far, and have quiet a lot more coming up right into the middle of October, and further. In the meantime, my other driver/guides have been keeping the show on the road, and i am pleased to say that everybody is happy. Having qualified people on my staff is vital, and i do have the best.
The weather this Summer has been really good and many visitors who came to Ireland this year have been quiet surprised by just how little rain, if any, they have seen. There is a false notion that it always rains in Ireland. Not true. We do get our fair share of rain normally but we do get a lot of sunshine also. Many days can be a mix of sunshine and rain, and that is real Irish weather, but if we did not have that then we would not have the wonderful flowers and vegetation that we have. Just try to grow what we have here without either sunshine or rain. 
There has been a real boost in the amount of tourists from the USA this year. I am sure that the advertising drive that our tourist board put into "The Year of the Gathering" has had a big affect on this, and i would have to say that my own business has been really good. I still find that the vast majority of my clients come through contact with friends of theirs who have travelled with me in the past. Referrals are the main source of my business now, as when these people make their first contact with me they have virtually made up their minds already. I must be doing something right.

The ruins of an old Fitzgerald castle on Dingle. These were the same Fitzgerald's who had to abandon their fine castle in Adare.

Mom with her baby........ keep your distance mister.

Is there any more beautiful vegetation than what we nearly take for granted here in the West of Ireland. These colorful Furze bushes grow in profusion all along our west coast.

Yesterday was a church holiday in Ireland, the feast of the Assumption of Our Lady into Heaven. This picture of the grotto at Ballinspittle shows the scene where some years ago many people claimed that they could see movement in the statue of Our Lady. People still visit here to pray.

I could not conclude my Blog today with a better picture that of Rita, Nancy and myself, enjoying an evening meal together. My tours are not all about eating, but would you even consider one without this kind of delight? 

If you think that you might enjoy a tour with us then let me know. I am already taking bookings for 2014. First come, first served.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To post a comment you must select one of the profiles from the drop down list. If in doubt then please just select anonymous.
Thank you.