Relax and see Ireland with Dove Chauffeur Drive
Executive chauffeurdriven vacations in Ireland with Dave Hogan and Dovechauffeurdrive
For your own especially designed Tour of the Republic of Ireland/West and South west

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

   

 

This picture reminds me of that famous song, Galway Bay, sung by the great Bing Crosby. I took this picture just a couple of days ago during our exceptional spell of gorgeous weather.

 There are two lines in that song that go,

"To sit beside a turf fire in a cabin, 

and watch the sun go down on Galway Bay.

(and there it is)

Irish weather is never terribly severe, never too cold and never too hot. We do not experience hurricanes like they do in the USA, tornadoes are a rare occurrence, and never severe, very little snow, other than some in the mountains, no sking, no earthquakes, no tsunamis. We get our share of rain, but we get sunshine also, and it is a very temperate climate and one that i personally love. We do not suffer from severe humidity and for that i am truly grateful, as that type of weather really kills me. Our weather is quiet unpredictable, and when people ask me when is the best time to come to Ireland, i simply advise that the best chance of getting good weather is Springtime or Summertime or early fall. The lovely spell we have just enjoyed has been followed by cold showery and sometimes windy weather, but it is April and we all know about April showers. I always simply advise my touring companions to bring warm underwear, warm sweaters, and rainwear, and you will be fine here. There is always something to enjoy when touring Ireland.


The late Jane Conneen, a wonderful artist, and most special touring companion of mine many years ago, would have loved to paint this scene.. She always spoke of her love for Irish skies and Irish cloud formations. I took this photo while strolling on my local beach at Traught the other evening, and what a lovely sight it was to behold. The swimmer in this picture is my wonderful wife Sue, many of you who have travelled with me will remember her well. She swims everyday regardless of the weather. That is something that many tourists find strange as they expect our waters to be really cold. Well the good news is, we have the Gulf stream off our western shores to thank for that, and that keeps our waters nice and warm. 

Things are starting to get busy now once again and i am back on the road and fully refreshed after a long spell out of action. If you are planning to come here this year, then all is well, and we are fully open for business once again. Do not linger too long as my dates are filling up and i hate to have to refuse anybody who really wants to come to me. I will do all that i can to accommodate you.



Our local castle in Kinvara, my own home town which is open daily for visitors. Just one of many special sights for you to enjoy.

If you want more information, just message me, or call me, or send your number and i will call you.

Hopefully see you soon.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

To post a comment you must select one of the profiles from the drop down list. If in doubt then please just select anonymous.
Thank you.