Relax and see Ireland with Dove Chauffeur Drive
Executive chauffeurdriven vacations in Ireland with Dave Hogan and Dovechauffeurdrive
For your own especially designed Tour of the Republic of Ireland/West and South west

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Touring Ireland in September/October






This past week i visit the beautiful Gouganebarra, where St Finbarr set up his settlement back in the sixth century. The picture above shows me standing by the peaceful lake, with the tiny church in the background. Thus church stands on a small finger-like peninsula where many pilgrims come to pray and meditate. It is in this very place that the famous river Lee rises, and eventually flows directly through the city of Cork. Behind the church in the background is the glacial gorge, which was carved through these mountains by a giant glacier many .thousands of years ago.
My visit here last week was special and the peace there was something i would like to experience a lot more often. I think that, if you are fortunate enough to experience this, you will know what i mean.
Maybe i can take you there.

September/October are wonderful months to visit Ireland, as things begin to slow down and the busiest parts of our season are behind us. There is still plenty of daylight time,, and our Autumn weather can be lovely, not too hot, and not too cold. Will you get rain? I hope that we get our share. I want this place to stay as green and beautiful as it is right now.
Advice? Just make sure that, when you visit Ireland, you bring a warm sweater and light rainwear.


Do you feel comfortable about driving these roads? This is the road at Slea Head on the Dingle peninsula, and it is a two way road. It actually get a lot narrower around that bend. I am not saying that you will not be able to navigate it, i am just asking you if you want to.
I very often take people around the Dingle, and the Ring of Kerry circuits, people who have rented cars, but just want to have an experienced driver for a day or two to take them around these extra difficult routes. It gives you, as the driver, a chance to sit back and enjoy this magnificent scenery without having to try to watch the roads at the same time. If you just want me to look after this part of your visit, i can do that for you.

My contact details are here, so if you need me get back to me. I will do my best to accommodate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To post a comment you must select one of the profiles from the drop down list. If in doubt then please just select anonymous.
Thank you.