Things to beware of when booking a chauffeurdrive service.
Further to my previous Blog, i have had many queries with regard to the chauffeurdrive services available and how careful you need to be when booking such a service.
These are some very important things to check.
1) Are the company members of the Irish Chauffeurdrive association? If so , that is a very good start.
2) Have they the necessary insurances, and has the driver got a PSV licence (Public service vehicle licence.?)
3) Is their service a touring service, or do they concentrate mainly on corporate work or transfers mainly. You need someone (like us) who do nothing other than touring.
4) I would always recommend that they are prepared to put you in touch with someone who has toured with them previously, and who can give you an honest opinion on the service being offered.
5 ) When receiving a quote, always make sure that you are being quoted for a "Like for Like " tour.
What kind of reputation have they? What is the accommodation that they are offering like compared to what may be available with someone else? I only use Tourist Board recommended accommodation, and that is all quality.
6) Are there hidden charges? Do they charge extra if they have to be available in the evenings?
7)What is their transport like?
These are just some of the things you need to watch out for.
If you have any more queries, just send me an e-mail.
Regards for now